Jacoby Creek School is a TK-8 school located close to the town of Arcata in northern California. Enrollment hovers around 450 students and there are two classrooms for each grade level.
Classes for the 2017-2018 school year are currently full. If you live within the Jacoby Creek School District boundaries, please call the office to register for the 2017-2018 school year.
Visit the JCS Documents and Forms page. This page has links to documents and information that are an important part of our school. This includes handbooks, bus schedules, information, and forms that can be filled out and returned to our school . Find what you need on the new Documents and Forms page.
Measure K Updates
The Jacoby Creek Charter School District (the “District”) was successful at the election conducted on November 8, 2016 (the “Bond Election”) in obtaining authorization from the District’s voters to issue up to $2.7 million aggregate principal amount of the District’s general obligation bonds (“Measure K”).
First Day: Monday, Aug. 28 at 8:25am
Find the color for your grade level and look for that color next the door of your new class.
Staff – Silver
TK-Pink – Mrs. Dominick
K –Black – Mrs. Ritter & Mr. FitzMaurice
1st –Red – Mrs. Hatchett & Mrs. McDowall
2nd –Orange – Mrs. Dean & Mrs. Long
3rd –Yellow – Mrs. Girard & Ms. Couling
4th –Green – Mrs. Walsh & Ms. Jackson
5th –Turquoise – Mr. Trewartha & Mrs. Nugent
6th –Blue – Mrs. Day & Mr. Dedini
7th –Purple – Mr. Barsanti & Mrs. Skiles
8th- White – Mrs. Holmes & Mr. Goddard
Below are links to the fourth through eighth grade lists of recommended supplies for students to bring to school. Please let your child’s teacher know if you would like for the school to provide these supplies. Students in grades TK-3 do not need to bring any supplies.
Dear JCS Families, I hope that the first Panther Press of the school year finds you doing well! The first day of school is just around the corner. We are looking forward to seeing all of our JCS students on August 28th at 8:25!! …
Last Walk and Roll to School of the year! Thank you JCS PTO for supporting this fun and healthy program!
Celebrating Jacoby Creek School’s 60th anniversary at 1617 Old Arcata Road, Bayside Save the dates!! Jacoby Creek School’s 60th anniversary celebration is set for October 20th and 21st on the campus at 1617 Old Arcata Road, Bayside. Join the generations…
- July 7: Email and login has changed to @nohum.k12.ca.us. You can access all your files by login with YourUserName@nohum.k12.ca.us. Example: email@example.com will be firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 19: All JCSK8.ORG accounts have be recreated and are ready for you to login.
- Staff login process is in your JCS mailbox at school or you can call office from during normal hours for your password.
- Student logins are same as they were during the last school year. Email is currently disabled.
- Keith Mack is working with Google to transfer Staff email. Go Here for staff form to have email migration started. There is no plan for transfer of student email at this time.
- JCS students and staff must transfer/share their own contacts, calendars, docs & files to new jcsk8.org account. Click here for information on the data migration process for files in Google Drive.
- Staff: please try to complete this by August 18 so that you can get everything ready for start of school. Keith Mack will be available in the Library every Wednesday and Friday from 1-4pm to assist anyone needing help.
- Students: we will work with classrooms in first weeks of school to get files shared.
Any questions please contact Keith Mack at email@example.com.